- The competition is open to participants in the United Kingdom who submit a complete entry before the closing date given below, except for employees and agencies of Albert Bycroft Ltd or trustees of The 1805 Club or any other person connected to this competition.
- The Trafalgar Way is an initiative of the 1805 Club, a UK registered charity (No 1071871), funded by the Chancellor of the Exchequer using LIBOR funds. The promoter ("The Promoter") is The Director of The Trafalgar Way operating as Albert Bycroft Ltd. registered at 252 High Street, Aldershot, Hampshire GU12 4LP (hereafter referred to as “The Trafalgar Way”).
- This is a free-to-enter competition. No purchase is necessary.
- The competition begins on Friday May 25th 2018. The closing date for entries is midnight on 31st August 2018.
- Entries must be submitted using the official entry form or via the online form at www.thetrafalgarway.org. Paper copies of the official entry form may be submitted in person to The Trafalgar Way (e.g. at a fair or other event) or posted to The Trafalgar Way c/o Kathy Brown, 7, Queen Anne’s Gate, White House Walk, Farnham GU9 9AN. Entries not made on the official forms will be rejected. The Trafalgar Way is not responsible for late, lost or delayed entries.
- Entrants should be aged 7 and above. Entrants under the age of 18 must provide adult consent along with their entry and the email address used must belong to an adult 18 and above.
- Groups may submit multiple entries to the competition to a limit of one entry per participant, provided each entry has a different email address and subject to the age and consent rule above.
- Completing and submitting the entry form, together with checking the consent tick box indicates you accept these terms and conditions.
- The prizewinner will be chosen from all complete entries received by the deadline. The prize will be awarded to the person whose answer most closely matches that of the expert judge. In the event of a tie, The Promoter will take into account the answer given to the tiebreaker question. The Trafalgar Way’s decision will be final and binding in all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winning entrant will be notified via email, using the contact information provided on the entry form, within 28 days of the closing date (i.e. by 28th September 2018). If The Promoter is unable to contact any winner, or if any prize is not claimed within 21 days of being notified, the winner will be deemed to have forfeited their prize. In such instances, we will choose a new winner for that prize.
- There will be a single winning entry. The prize will consist of three Treasure Trails of the winner’s choice and one set of Rory’s Story Cubes (Voyages Edition). There will be no alternative to the prizes.
- The Promoter shall be entitled to terminate or modify the promotion or to modify these rules at any time prior to the closing date by publishing any such modification or termination on www.thetrafalgarway.org. In the event of a dispute, the decision of the Promoter shall be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner's name will be made available upon request and will be displayed on the competition web page.
- The Trafalgar Way reserves the right to cancel the competition at any stage if it considers such action necessary, or for reasons beyond its reasonable control, and the Promoter will have no liability to the entrants in respect of any such cancellation.
- The competition and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed according to English Law.
About the Prize
1. The prize is one set of Rory’s Story Cubes (Voyages edition) and three Treasure Trails, the titles/locations to be chosen by the winner. The Promoter will cover the cost of postage and packing of the prize to the delivery address (which must be in the UK) specified by the winner. The cost or organisation of travel to Trail locations is not included in the prize.
2. There is no cash value or alternative to the prize.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute an alternative prize or elements thereof in the event that any element is no longer available at the closing date of the competition.
The Promoter and its service providers will use your personal information for the purposes of administering this competition, informing you if you have won and if so, issuing your prize. The name of the winner will be posted on The Trafalgar Way website from 29th September 2018 (or earlier if the winner has been confirmed) and may be given on The Trafalgar Way Facebook and Twitter accounts and will be included in any press/marketing material specific to the competition result. By registering and entering your details you consent to your personal information being processed in this way. Your data may be additionally shared with other parties solely for the purposes of the administration of this competition and delivery of the prize but we will not pass your data on to any other third parties for purposes outside of this competition for which you have not given your consent. Your personal information will be properly safeguarded and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998. We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
A full Data Privacy statement is available at www.thetrafalgarway.org/dataprivacy.