How to Enter
- Register on our competition site
- Take a stunning photograph or create a two-dimensional artwork of a scene along The Trafalgar Way
- Submit your entries by midnight on 16th April 2021
Check out full guidelines for entrants below.
Important update 12/8/2020
- Deadline extended to 16th April 2021.
- Entry for under 17s is now FREE.
- Special 'Halfway Home' prizes to be won if you enter before 2nd September 2020.
Click button to read more ...
Guidelines for entrants
Full Competition Terms and Conditions of Entry are here.
Background to the Competition
The Art and Photography competition invites entrants to explore and capture the route and geography of The Trafalgar Way in picture form, as well as learning something of its history.
What is The Trafalgar Way?
Where is The Trafalgar Way?
How does this support British heritage?
Coronavirus and the Postcards Competition
The 'Postcards' competition is still very active and we heartily wish to see your photographs and artworks featuring the Trafalgar Way! It's so beautiful out there in our towns and villages throughout spring and summer, and this is a great time to look around you, explore a little and capture the moment. We are monitoring the coronavirus guidelines from the government and have the following advice for entrants to our competition:
- Stay local: for photographers that means entrants need to live within safe, sensible travelling distance of The Trafalgar Way and to observe social distancing and hygiene while out and about.
- Be creative: for artists, there are all kinds of resources and prompts available to help you. If you can't get to The Trafalgar Way in person, we have some ideas for you! Follow our link to find out more.
Allow us to take you on a step-by-step tour of The Trafalgar Way, from Falmouth to London. Adam Preston has provided a closer look at the special places visited by The Trafalgar Way and revealed some of their stories, which we hope will provide you with inspiration for you postcard image.
We have also collected photographs, some of them specially commissioned, to illustrate typical 'postcard scenes' and showcase the variety and beauty of the places along the 271-mile route. Please take a look and enjoy them!
How much does it cost to enter?
Age 7 to 11 - free
All proceeds from this competition are donated directly to The 1805 Club, a charity registered in England and Wales (no 1071871), for the purposes of continuing the promotion, educational programmes and custodianship of The Trafalgar Way.
For the age category 7 to 11, teachers and school staff may submit digital art entries and photos of artwork on behalf of students. There are special prizes available for the best two entries each representing a school.
School entries are FREE.
Halfway Home competition
Announcing the results of our 'Halfway Home' interim competition as selected by The Three Lieutenants, Tom, Adam and Rob, from all the entries submitted by 1st Sept 2020.
Our judges for the Postcards from The Trafalgar Way competition include genuine experts in the fields of art and photography. We are delighted to have the support of the Royal Navy Photographic Branch who display an incredible standard of professional photography and produce jaw-dropping images on land, sea and shore.
All entries will be judged anonymously.
Register today, submit your entry by 16th April 2021